Final Meal

Tofu stir fry (sorta??)
-tofu
-2 cups lentils
-brown rice
-2.5 bell peppers
-1 yellow onion
-2 cups of spinach
-3 tbsp olive oil
-marinade (https://theseasalt.com/2016/02/04/the-best-way-to-cook-tofu/)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp chili paste
  • 2 tbsp seseme oil
  • 2 tbsp honey
Theme: vegetarian
components: Tofu, marinade, lentils, stir fry



I chose to make this meal because I wanted something to make something a lil fancy and I've made the marinade for this tofu before, and I really liked it. For this recipe, I bought tofu, brown rice, peppers, onions, spinach from Trader Joes. I bought the marinade, which consisted of honey, soy sauce, chili paste, and sesame oil, at Target. I got the lentils from the Nutritious U Pantry. This meal is nutritionally complete. The protein comes from tofu and lentils. The carbs comes from brown rice and lentils. The fat comes from the sesame oil and olive oil.  The fruits/veggies comes from the peppers, onions, and spinach (I also had blueberries on the side).

The very first thing you gotta do hours before actually making the meal is compress the tofu to drain the liquids. This can be by placing two cans of beans on top of it. After it's been a couple hours, I cut it into thin slices. Then I made the marinade (ingredients above) and whisked them together. Next, I placed the tofu in the marinade and let it sit for 20 minutes. I turned all the pieces over and let it sit for another 20 minutes. As that was happening, I heated my oven to 400 degrees. I placed the tofu slices on a baking pan and drizzled more marinade over. It baked for 15 minutes, then I flipped all the pieces, and baked it for another 20 minutes. While I was waiting, I boiled two cups of lentils in 4 cups of water and let it simmer for a bit. Then I cooked my veggies on a medium heat and with 3ish tablespoons of olive oil and chili powder. I added in the spinach a bit later. I purposely made a lot of extra marinade and drizzled it on the brown rice/lentils to add more flavor.








Comments